Friday, February 18, 2011

You Can't Change the Past but You Can Look to the Future

I wasn't there but I wish I could have been. Wish I could have held you, make you feel okay. Wish I could have given you a shoulder to cry on. I wasn't there but I am now. Always here for you, always by your side. I want to keep you safe, to keep you from harms way. I want to hold you tight and never let go.

I can't go back in time, although I often wish I could. I'd like to change some things, knowing that it could ease your pain and your mind. But the past is the past for a reason, and you are my present and my future. I'd never give up your love for anything in the entire world. I want to hold you tight and never let go.

You're asleep, and I'm awake. This is not an unusual case. I hope your dreams are sweet and filled with me and my love. I know my thoughts are of you, and my wish to be near you now, next to you while you sleep and dream. One day we may share a bed, not tonight, and not tomorrow, but one day. I want to hold you tight and never let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment