Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Moonlit Waters

One step, two steps, three steps,
it's barely to my knees,
a couple more
maybe three, maybe four.
It hits me at my waist.
I walk a few steps further,
the waves knocking up against my chest.
They grab at my clothes
and pull away before returning
with another chilling hug,
which is oddly warming.

The moon shines down
like a watchful eye protecting me.
I can see it's reflection in the small waves;
it brings me a slight comfort.

As my clothes absorb
so much more of my surroundings,
I feel them pull at me.
A little heavier they become
and keep pulling me down
slowly, inch by inch
until the whole of my body
is completely encased
by the glimmering water;
so I close my eyes
and let this marvelous liquid
fill me up.
My lungs absorb it
like a sponge
until they can take no more.
After that I cannot say.
The moon's reflection was the last I saw
before pure blackness dominated
first my eyes
and then my mind.

4 comments:

  1. http://institutiooratoria.blogspot.com/2008/10/music-of-spheres.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest Clayton, I'm not sure I completely understand the connection of that post of yours and this one. The only thing I see in both is the moon in mine being one of the sphere's of space, but other than that I'm am blind to any connection. I would love to hear your reasons for sending me there, and your thoughts. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you mentioned something about the moonlight dominating your mind. It reminded me of the stars singing. That's all, there's no deep or pointed connection there. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. Okay. I was just curious if I wasn't picking up on something. Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete