Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Walking Down the Halls

Everyday seems the same.
Walking down the halls,
full of people,
passing many
some I know, many I don't,
even the ones I know,
don't pay much notice,
consumed in their own lives,
part of their little cliques.
But I just keep walking down the halls.
I go to my classes,
and sit there in silence,
except to give an occasional answer.
The bell rings out
(it always reminds me of an elevator)
and I gather my stuff,
and head into the masses,
back into the hall I am,
surrounded by so many.

I'm surrounded by all these people,
yet I still feel all alone.
I can't wait to escape this place.
I can't wait to be free.

These are the thoughts I have,
as I'm walking down the halls.

2 comments:

  1. You should have been in my philosophy class this past semester! Talk about being alone in a crowd. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my picture blog, Hannen :) I uploaded new ones (those were pretty old pictures, lol).

    I completely sympathize with this poem... ditto, Clayton. Philosophy class *and* Literature.

    ReplyDelete